The Harare Indaba
The Joburg Indaba team will be hosting its 2nd annual Harare Indaba on investing in resources and mining in Zimbabwe on Wednesday 10th April 2019 in Johannesburg.
The Harare Indaba
Investing in Resources and Mining in Zimbabwe
Wednesday, 10th April 2019
The Country Club Johannesburg, Auckland Park
Chaired by Bernard Swanepoel, The Harare Indaba will bring together mining and investment communities interested in Zimbabwe as a mining investment destination.
A senior delegation from Zimbabwe including government and business will answer crucial and timely questions such as:
- Is Zimbabwe really “open for business”?
- What has changed for the better since 2018?
- What has changed in mining policy?
- What are the current perceptions of Zimbabwe as an investment destination?
- What are the challenges of operating in Zimbabwe?
Speakers from industry will engage with the Zimbabwean delegation on the current obstacles to doing business in the country and how they can work together to overcome them. At our inaugural event in 2018 we were pleased to welcome senior government representatives and a large delegation from the Parliamentary Portfolio Committee for Mines & Energy of Zimbabwe. We look forward once again to welcoming government and industry to discuss and debate the following questions:
- What is the current reality of doing business in Zimbabwe?
- What are the short- and long-term goals in terms of achieving regulatory certainty and a stable economic environment?
- What is the Zimbabwean Government doing to ensure that mining is a part of its recovery plan?
- What are the views of the major mining houses?
- What are the procedures for setting up new mining operations?
- What is being offered to incentivize new operators and junior miners?
- What are the views of junior miners and what challenges do they face?
- What opportunities exist for minerals beneficiation, smelters and refineries?
A closed session in the afternoon will allow investors to meet and pose questions to the Zimbabwean delegation. All investors and fund managers are invited to attend. If you are interested, please click here.
The full programme will be released shortly and speakers announced on this website.
Make sure you guarantee your place by registering today.
Sponsors of the Harare Indaba:
If you would also like to attend our PGMs Industry Day, taking place on the previous day, Tuesday 9th April, at the same venue, click here.
And don’t forget to register for our Breakfast Indaba, A Conversation with Neal Froneman, on 27th March. Click here.
The PGMs Industry Day is brought to you by Resources 4 Africa, the organisers of the Joburg Indaba.
“By the industry for the industry”